Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Just a few days left...

... and it's not horrible! :) Right now, I have my last-ever 2-special day... :( Next week, I don't think we have specials at all, and I think I'll survive the whole day and a half.

I'm sort of bombarding the kids with work right now, especially math. I'm trying to squeeze as much into their little brains as I can before the year is up. I don't know how they'll do next year or in their lives, but I'm hoping my influence was a positive one.

We have our awards night this evening, which should be interesting. It'll be all the kids who've made improvements throughout the year and/or who have done outstanding work. Should be a good group there. Plus, beforehand, I'll be going to dinner with the other 4th and 5th grade teachers, so that should be enjoyable (or interesting at the very least).

I'm getting very nostalgic and almost sad that I'm leaving. I start my new job in less than 2 weeks now, which makes me happy, but I can't shake my feelings of guilt for leaving the kids here high and dry. I do believe I'll still participate in the PTO next year, and continue helping with the playground project. I want to stay involved with the school, while at the same time not actually teaching. We'll see how it goes.

That's all for now; time to be productive these last 15 minutes before I get my class. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home