Thursday, May 03, 2007

T.G.I... T?

Yay for Thursdays when I'm not coming in on the following Friday!! :) For once, I was in a stellar mood last night. I stayed up extra long (and was productive) becuase I was so happy! :) I get to see a few good friends tonight, then I'm off to see my family in Ohio tomorrow!! Yay!

My kids are currently in P.E. (out on the baseball field, and it's a really beautiful day for it, too), so I have a few minutes to type a bit. Before P.E., I had the kids working quietly on some packets I'd assembled yesterday. They're pretty substantial, and the ones for tomorrow's sub are almost three times as much work! Muwahahhaa. Anyway, I had the class do packets yesterday, and it worked pretty well. Not only did it keep them relatively quiet for 45 minutes (!!), but I also included a pretty comprehensive review of reading, math, language arts, and other various skills. I was able to "double-dip" the grades for it, so that helped. :)

Anyway, the kids asked a lot of very obvious questions to me when completing the packets. Most of my answers were found upon re-reading the directions. Oy. Today, attempting to combat this, I wrote on the board: "For the love of all that is good and right, PLEASE read the directions CAREFULLY before asking me ANY questions. If I can answer your question by reading the directions to you, I will say, 'Duh!' very loudly." I then announced this to the class, who were amused by the statement. A few smart-ass students asked me questions just to hear me say, "Duh!" in my squeaky, raspy voice. After a while, I saw the kids reading a bit more carefully through the directions, so maybe it helped. Man, being in a good mood REALLY helps! Who'dve thunk?

Well, I shall be off. There are things to prep before I go pick up my little darlings. Ciao! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home