Wednesday, May 16, 2007

We're gettin' there...

... to the end of the year, that is!! :) Only 8 more days left, and the students' last day is an 11:30 dismissal!! :) Today was decent... I think I had some good lesson plans (props to me for still trying to teach standards with just over a week left of school!), though I did give the kids a 40-minute recess this morning. Whoops. :P

The high school came to our school today to present their version of "Romeo and Juliet" to the 4th-8th graders... Eesh. It was nearly impossible to understand the actors, between their poor accents, the olde English, and the lack of good microphones. A few kids broke character several times, laughing or apologizing. I was horrified. My class wasn't crazy about the play, but I do give them credit for being a pretty decent audience. To make up for the hour and a half they had to sit there, I gave them their super-long recess. I didn't feel that bad at the end of the day, though, because they didn't have an afternoon recess.

Anyway, that's it for now. MUCH to do to prep for silent auction/raffle. Plus, our class's mini raffle & auction is tomorrow, for which I have to prep. At least the week's going fast!! Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home