Thursday, March 29, 2007

My fickle friends

So now, even as I'm increasingly convinced that I won't be back next school year, I still struggle with this decision! Today was not a good day by any means, but there are so many other little "extras" that keep me going. For example, I like the kids being excited to see me every morning. I like the enormous amounts of hugs I receive every day. I like telling people, "I'm a teacher," and I love it when they say, "Wow. That must be so difficult." I like the staff at the school (though half of them are leaving), and I'm overall very impressed with the parents. The question now is: Will I do it all again, and if so, will I do it next year?

On Monday, I went to Phoenix to see about a job with the Sheriff's Office; I landed an interview the first week in May. I also applied online for a few jobs in my own county, and I have an interview next Tuesday already. The latter job is as a health educator for my county, which actually sounds like a pretty sweet deal. We'll see how it all pans out.

I'm also stressing a bit because we have two big things coming up: the playground fundraising project (which occurs in less than a month now!!) and our overnight Grand Canyon trip that I still apparently have to clear with the school board. Oops. After the GC trip, the year is essentially over, so that helps, but there's a LOT to do these next two months. Anyway, I have a friend who flew in from out of town, so I've gotta go have a social life! Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home