Monday, March 19, 2007

Post-Spring-Break Stress Disorder!

So the students and I seem to be suffering from a bad case of PSBSD: Post-Spring-Break Stress Disorder. The morning has been a constant flow of excessive energy. Usually the kids are calm after a weekend (and even after winter break!), but today they're hyper and SO full of energy! This morning, I felt like a cattle herder, and feel like I did more "crowd control" than actual teaching. Yummy.

Anyway, I am going home in about 10 minutes!! :D I'm taking a (mental) health half day, which I so desperately need (even after spring break!). I haven't gotten much sleep lately, and I *must* be here the rest of the week, so this is the time to rest up.

Also, our contract renewals were distributed today. We have to turn them in, apparently, by 3:30pm on April 17th if we want to be certain of our employment here next year. That gives me less than a month to decide if I want to come back!! Granted, I don't think I'm going to sign it anyway, since I am positive that there will be a boatload of positions available, even as late as the summer. We'll see. I have some SERIOUS thinking & analyzing to do this next month. Only time will tell.

For now, I go home and rest (and finish up grades, which are due tomorrow). Peace to all of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home