Tuesday, March 27, 2007

All right, Tuesday...

... not too shabby. Considering the way I felt this morning (miserable emotionally!), I actually feel pretty good right now.

Turns out the kids were AWFUL for the sub yesterday!! (Yes, faithful readers, your teaching heroine took yesterday off as a mental health day, YET AGAIN.) The poor woman left a long and detailed note, saying, "I feel like I failed. Most of the time, I was shepherding them to be on task, be quiet, and get some work done." The majority of the note was along those lines. That poor, poor sub! I MUST make this up to her. All the kids who gave her grief were already required by the principal to write apology letters to the sub. Sigh.

Today, I heard a lot of the kids say, "Yay! [I'm] back! We're so glad!" And this was when they didn't think I was around. It really *is* always an ego boost coming back after a sub.

The day was smooth also thanks to two specials. I heart Tuesdays. I bribed the kids to be good in art: I told them that if they were quiet and calm in art, especially, during the beginning and end, that I would give them 10 minutes of recess afterwards AND 10 minutes of earned free time. It worked! This is the FIRST good art report I've had from the art teacher in 2 months. Wowzas.

In this crazy pendulum of a job, I feel like today was a lot better. See, it's days like today that make me think, "Maybe I *can* do this after all." Who knows? I haven't completely decided whether or not to teach again next year, though I'm pretty sure I won't be back. I dunno. ARG. And now I only have a few weeks to decide, especially if I want to move up with my 4th graders. It's kind of up in the air right now.

In other news, I went to Phoenix yesterday to check out the job market. I have NO idea how that'll pan out, nor where I will be (nor what I'll be doing) in 2 months. Quite an adventure. Also, my roommate (reference the previous entry) got arrested Friday! Ha! Right after I collected my rent from him, too! Boo yah. He won't be out of jail for at LEAST a month, so I'm stoked. The superintendant is going to tell him (today or tomorrow) that his contract is terminated. I love this place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home