Sunday, February 25, 2007

tell me on a sunday, please...

(It's the only title I could think of that had "Sunday" in it. If you don't know the tune, it's an Andrew Lloyd Weber piece.)

Yes, faithful readers, I greet you from my classroom on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I had every intention of coming in here today, getting ALL my work done for the coming week, and being awesomely productive. However, I've now been puttzing around on the computer for half an hour, and I'm meeting a friend for lunch in 30 minutes. Not as productive as I'd hoped. On the upside, though, I did spend 6 hours here yesterday getting stuff done. Turns out there's no better cure for a heartbreak than physical activity (I'm getting my arms in shape, finally) and a bunch of hard work! :)

Also, as my luck would go, I realized that the science lessons I did last week are NOT in the 4th or 5th grade state standards. Grrr... We're doing a human body unit (which the kids really dig), and we covered the skeletal system last month. Now, intertwined with other things, we're doing a unit on the organ systems. We did the respiratory system last week, and I just checked to see what standards I'd covered. NONE. Grrrr... so I'll have to make the body unit a little shorter to make room for whatever else I have to teach.

Anyway, I shall now try to be productive for the next 20 minutes before I leave. Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home