Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy V-Day!! :)

To all of you cynics: Happy day to celebrate love! :)

For our in-school celebration, we had an inservice. Not too shabby, actually. However, I've come to realize something:

This- my first year of teaching- won't (and can't) be perfect. There is SOOO much I want to do, but not nearly enough time. (Also, I don't know *how* to do a lot of stuff I want to do.) At times, I get pretty overwhelmed by all that I'm NOT doing. Then I cut myself some slack and realize that I don't think there's actually enough time in the day to do all that I want to. Then I panic, because I think that maybe, if I stop "slacking" and start working more (read: stay at school MORE than the 10-12 hours I already put in daily), I'll get more done. Who knows?

On a good note, the Southwestern Rotary eClub (they're online only) has offered to donate 150 dictionaries to the kids at our school!! :) Next month, all kids grades 3-5 at our school will receive a free dictionary!! I love people sometimes.

Also, I have a bit of trivia for you: Did you know that teachers don't make very much at all??!? After I figured in all the actual time I put in (not just when I'm teaching), I make about $13/hour? I could *temp* for more than that! Just a thought.

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy this V-day with my very own valentine! (I had the class all make him cards yesterday; they're hilarious!) Have a good one, all!

1 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You have made such an impact on so many lives. Through your efforts, the business community now is part of your school commlunity and the students are benefiting from their (and your) generosity. They are so lucky to have you!

Momita :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home