Friday, January 26, 2007

yay for Friday!!!

Real quick:

I'm getting less and less tolerant of the students' crap. Shit, even. Their shit. Their storming out and huffing off and yelling and running around the room and not doing *anything* in class and being jerks to me and to others. I've become Ms. Mean, and I don't feel bad about it. So there. (Actually, interestingly, the kids seem to do better when I am a bit meaner/stricter. I think it's what they're used to.)

Hmm... We did a skeleton-building thing today, and I had a mother in helping me. It went OK, but the kids were rowdy. We had a ranger in yesteday from Grand Canyon, and it was very similar (with my noisy group). I just need to find a way to unite my students' energy to a positive force, and we're set!

Anyway, I reeeeeeeeeally want to get home. (I calculated that I actually spend 50-60 hours *in school* each week. That doesn't count home prep/grading/planning time!) I'll be back tomorrow afternoon, though, so I'm not slacking! Peace.

(Oh, we're really rolling on the playground project!! Lots o' donations and money!)

1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been almost a week since your last update. I miss hearing how you and your students are doing. It's so nice to read daily about your growth, as a woman and as a teacher. Your students are growing, too, under your guidance.

Momita :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home