Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A mid-morning update

So.... my secret's out. Darn it. I didn't want to tell my class about the kindergarten thing until the END of next week. This morning, half the class was talking about it as they came in. Oy. So I had to make an announcement that I *might* be taking over kindergarten after winter break.

The response? Most of the girls were very upset, one of the boys was thrilled (since he knows my replacement will be a male), the rest seemed indifferent. Heh. One girl even tried to skip her math class and specials today to "spend quality time" with me. Aww.

Anyway, it seems my secret is out because of my lovely teacher friend next door. Nevermind that she's semi-dating the sub who would take my position. I'm angry, because the kids who knew said she told them. That was not her place, and I'll have to have a word with her. Grrr... So that's the big news for now.

Thank GOD for early release days; the kids get out an hour early today!! Tonight's their band concert, which I'll be attending. I feel pretty sick at the moment, but I promised myself I wouldn't take another sick day until after the winter break (unless I'm absolutely dog-sick, of course). And here we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home