Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Trying to get out of here on time...

So my class is at Art right now (Thank God!!!), so I have a little tiny bit of downtime. I figured I'd write in this now, so that I may leave on time (at 4!) today and get my Thanksgiving weekend started! :)

Today has been OK so far, though none of the teachers (myself included) particularly want to be here. Considering the nature of today (the day before a fairly long holiday break), it hasn't been all that bad. Sure, the kids are a little hyper and restless, but it's been manageable so far.

For "writing" today, we made hand-shaped turkeys (Hey, I can be a dorky teacher once in a while, can't I?). On each "feather" (finger), the students listed one thing for which they're grateful. We then cut them out, glued them onto construction paper, and wrote more on the final product. Though they're not perfect, they look pretty good. I'll take a picture of some now, and add them to this post later.

All we have left is a brief brush-up of geography (The Midwest!! Represent!!), a quick clas meeting (yipee...), classroom clean-up (always a joy), and recess/earned free time. Wish me luck!! After that, syanora, school! Muwahaha...

(My fear is, though, that I am an ineffective, unmotivated, boring, lazy teacher. I hope I can improve, because I still don't know if I'm cut out for this. At least I know I'm here for the school year, though. That helps.) OK, peace out!

2 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knowing you as well as I do, you are anything BUT boring, unmotivated, and a poor teacher. You are inspiring, compassionate, kind, stimulating, thoughtful, intelligent, and challenging. Nothing in life is easy, and you have to practice anything (even learning to play the flute or the piano). One school year does not a seasoned teacher make. This year has been a real learning experience for you! You have been given a large challenge and are meeting it with poise, dignity, intelligence, compassion, and kindness. We are proud of you and love you lots. Happy Thanksgiving!

Momita & Daddio

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Maria said...

Hope you enjoyed your break!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home