Thursday, November 30, 2006

So I can't stop updating!!

Briefly...

1.) The bad news: one of our custodians (my favorite!!) is being sexually harrassed by another custodian (who I thought was a decent person). She's talked to the principal and superintendant about it, but not much was done. She (the custodian) came into my room tonight and broke down into tears. She's thinking about quitting to be rid of the guy and the whole situation. I told her she did the right thing, and that she should make a police report as well. I hear she's not the first in this position, either. Oy.

2.) The interesting news: the superintendant took me out to lunch today. Only it wasn't just him & me; he invited a "friend" who is also from Ohio. This "friend," it turns out, is a DPS officer with whom the superintendant was trying to set me up. Ha. Seems *everyone* wants to hook me up with law enforcement officials. Also, turns out that almost the ENTIRE staff at school knew about this matchmaker attempt... except me!

3.) The good news: I'm in Phoenix tomorrow for a conference... suckers! I get to leave town AND get paid for it! Doesn't get much better than that! Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home