Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday's over...

... not a phenomenal day by any means, but I survived. By some fluke, I have somehow ended up talking to the principal about taking over the kindergarten class in January. What?! Umm... we'll see. I'm just at that point again where I don't like coming to work and have been getting progressively more annoyed (and thus meaner) with the students. I don't like that.

At the moment, I'm looking into starting a Massage Therapist program in April of next year. I'll still teach during the day, but do the classes in the evenings. We'll see how it turns out, but that's the plan for the time being.

Of note today: in science, we began talking about tobacco, alcohol, and drugs (even though technically alcohol is a drug!). It was very interesting, and I like having discussions about actual things that matter. This far this year, we've talked about:

1.) The Darfur situation
2.) The war in Iraq
3.) The *real* meanings of the words "gay" and "retarded"
4.) Evolution/intelligent design
5.) School shootings
6.) Drugs

I do like that part. The kindergarteners probably wouldn't be able to talk about any of the above. Hm.

Anyway, I'm back in the first year teachers' group, and I just got invited to dinner! I'm out, y'all. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home