Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Observation #1: complete

So I felt quite sick this morning, and decided when I woke up that I'd come home after the observation. The only problem? The school had no more subs left!! :( Fortunately, the resource teacher took over for most of the day, and then a library aide will be helping for the last hour of the day.

I had all my kids there this morning for math (minus 2 or 3 who were absent), and the lesson actually went pretty well! The prinicpal gave me a very nice evaluation, and said, "You're a good teacher now, with no experience. You'll be a WONDERFUL teacher if you decide to stick with it, and I hope you do." That was nice.

I left school around 10:30 (after teaching for an hour in the morning, meeting with a parent, then with the principal, etc.), and when I got home, I felt mostly fine. Now, at 1:45pm, I'm feeling a little "off" again, which makes me feel less guilty for taking the day off! Maybe this is all in my head? Anyway, I MUST be there tomorrow because I won't be on Friday (due to a workshop I'll be attending). I'll probably have to get hopped-up on DayQuil before school. Hehe.

Finally, before I left school today, I informed the class that I was feeling sick and was leaving. They protested!! A lot of them begged me to stay! It was hilarious... they love me when I'm leaving, yet they abhor me when I'm there. Anyway, I'm gonna take some time to plan the rest of this week (and next??) out. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home