Thursday, December 07, 2006

75th entry!!

So this writing officially marks my 75th entry in this crazy teacher blog of insanity. Feel free to throw a party in its honor.

Today: confronted teacher who let my secret out. She said it was the male sub (not she) who brought up the topic with little ears nearby. Anyway, who knows where I'll be in January? I don't even know!! My options:

1.) keep my present position until the end of the school year (may 2007)

2.) take over the kindergarten in january 2007, leaving my class to a different teacher

3.) pray that our principal finds teachers for BOTH my class and the kindergarten, and i'd sub and go to massage therapy school in january

So I'm very undecided at the moment.

Today was a heck of a day with the class... the morning was rough, and we had a BIG class meeting (almost an hour!) in the afternoon. I think it went relatively well, but they just never LISTEN! It's not just me they ignore, it's their peers as well. Seems no one's taught them how to be a good listener. I have to find a way to make them practice! Sigh.

After school: tutored a group of 4 students. I did an informal assessment of their reading ablities today, and WOW, are they low. I have one 4th grader, two 5th graders, and a 6th grader. We worked from a moderate (not high or low) 4th grade leveled reader, and they all struggled a great deal with it. I have my work cut out for me. How to be awesome at everything all at once (teaching, babysitting, putting out "little fires" all day, counseling, mothering, etc.)... It's enough to drive an already crazy person even more nuts!

Tomorrow should be nice... We have a Student of the Month assembly, spelling/vocab tests (I love Fridays!!), some fun winter activities (what??? me??!?), and EFT, among various academic stuff. Should be (relatively) enjoyable.

For now, I'm off to a police academy soirée! Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home