Monday, July 02, 2007

Looking back...

... I have been at my new job nearly a month now, and I am infinitely happier here. However, I can't help but be a bit nostalgic and slightly sad about not teaching anymore. I suppose I can always try again (though I'll have to get re-certified if I teach after July 2008; my provisional gift certificate will expire)...

It's been very interesting for me to re-read this blog... very bittersweet stuff. I'll update later... for now, it's time to leave work! Ciao.



(8.29.07: Editor's note... I re-read this last entry, and it turns out I wrote "my provisional gift certificate..." HA!!! I meant "certification." You can tell where my head was!! Just an FYI.) :)

4 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally I hope you try teaching again. This time, one grade at a time. I think you are an awesome teacher and a wonderful woman of whom I am very proud.

Momita

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger RLP said...

Hi Marybeth,

My name is Rebecca Payne. I'm a doctoral student at the University of Tennessee working on my dissertation on beginning teachers who blog. I'd like to talk to you about your experiences. Please email me directly at rpayne7@utk.edu for more information. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. And yes, I realize you won't be teaching next year, but your blog offers unique insight into the everyday life of a new teacher.

Thank you,
Rebecca Payne

P.S. I'm also posting this same comment on your other blog in case you don't check this one anymore.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I know this blog is old, but I read it over winter break and everything you went through I am going through now as a first year teacher. I honestly don't want to go back so much that I'm having panic attacks and feeling sick anytime I think about teaching. Stumbling on to your blog has helped me so much, I knew I was considering not coming back but it's pretty much a definite now. I can't deal with all of the teaching drama. Seriously overworked and underpaid. I would love to know what you've done since then. Discover you go back to teaching? Are you happy with your decision? A newbie has to know!! Anywho, you have inspired me to start my own blog for the remainder of the year!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there, "Unknown." Over ten years later, I can say I still made the right decision by leaving the classroom after that first year. I'll always be a teacher in some capacity or another, but it was best for me (and my would-be students) to get out at that time.

If you're willing to share, I'd love to read the blog you made about your experience! I hope everything works out for you.

Cheers,

Marybeth :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home