Friday, January 05, 2007

T.G.I.F.!

Since I want to get out of here, I'll make this brief.

Had a good day with the class overall... played an impromptu state identification game... was very enjoyable! Have the class set up with a new seating arrangement (a "U" inside of another "U"- it works very well). I just did 15 phone calls home to parents (honestly- it was 15- I just counted!)... I have 2 phone calls left to do to the Spanish-speaking parents... I'm usually a chicken, so I just write a note home for those parents. Is that bad of me? I just don't know how to say everything I want to say without a dictionary, and I get really flustered when talking to parents on the phone in Spanish for some reason.

Anyway, it was a nice, fast 3-day week back with the class. I'm delighted that next week will also be a 3-day week (essentially) for me! Muwahaha.

Oh, also- the sky outside is bright yellow. It's really quite freaky. In fact, one of the mothers with whom I spoke was weirded out by it as well. Hm. Hopefully it's not the apocolypse (sp?). For now, I leave you. Peace!

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the same conditions that create our 'usual' spectacular sunsets also can create some unusual skies in certain seasons. when there's moisture in the air, the setting/afternoon sun seems to reflect intensely at that low angle, and the result can be yellow, pink, purple glowing skies just about sunset, (or if the clouds are just right and low).
stick around a while, you've only just begun to see mother nature around here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home