Thursday, January 04, 2007

Another day gone by...

So today, as most days, went remarkably fast! In the morning, I heard one student remark to another, "It's always so boring in here." The other replied, "Yeah, I know." :( My little ego shrunk a bit, but I still rolled with the punches. Math, admittedly, can be a bit dry, but I try to spruce it up when I can.

Reading today was actually really, really good. We got through all the material (!!), and the kids seemed interested in the story and the surrounding information. Cool.

After lunch, I had the kids read for a ridiculously long time (almost 40 minutes... I'm lazy sometimes). It was a nice, mellow time, and I was able to get a lot of stuff done in the classroom. Social studies went pretty well, though it was loud. The day was relatively uneventful, except for one student putting another in a headlock. Awesome.

At the end of the day, I discussed our Grand Canyon trip with the class... they're really excited about it! I also asked the other 4th grade teacher if she'd be interested in taking her class, and she replied, "Absolutely!" Whoops. She's crazy, and I often feel like I have to babysit her when doing anything outside of the curriculum. (I've done all the legwork for us to go to a conference, I'm planning out the entire field trip, I had to "save" her on our last field trip, etc.) Silly me. Oh, well; it'll be nice to have another class around, I suppose.

Finally, after school, I tutored for an hour. $20 is SO not worth it. I try to be goofy with the kids, but I think they're so sick of school at the end of the day that more schoolish stuff makes them lethargic. (Same with me, heh.)

Oh, and the homework thing... We already have "H-O-M-E" on the board!! After one day!! I had *21* students either not finish all their homework or not have their homework folders signed. Gross. Sucky, sucky. They may have homework tomorrow, after all. Punks.

Ok, that's it for now. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home