Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mmmm, Wednesdays

So today wasn't as bad as I had anticipated (being the day after Halloween and all). I had 5 kids out again, which makes my class nice and manageable!

Lately, I've been feeling like I'm doing the bare minimum of teaching. Sure, I care and all, but I feel like I'm slacking. When I get home, I just don't feel like doing more school stuff! I do my planning the Sunday before the next week, and I haven't put ANY grades into my gradebook this quarter yet. I'm not sure if it's laziness or feeling overwhelemed, but I'm letting a lot fall by the wayside right now.

Also, I think I'm starting to get sick. I felt it this morning when I got to school, though I feel OK now. This might be the beginning of the infamous Downfall of the First Year Teacher's Immune System. We'll see!

It also feels like I'm becoming more impatient and annoyed with the students. I don't mean to be all nasty towards them, but we've been in school 12 weeks now- why are we still working on our lines in the hallway and not talking in the classroom? I honestly wonder if they've learned much this year at all. Hmm... I've also been thinking that I should spend the good part of Saturday here, to make sure I get everything caught up.

For now, I'm somehow apathetic. We'll see how the week ends up.

Oh! Before I forget, I should talk briefly about Halloween, small-town style. I had a friend over for dinner, and we passed out candy to the trick-or-treaters. All the kids who came to my house showed up in their parents' cars! How weird! My friend told me that nowadays, parents don't walk door-to-door with their kids anymore; they all drive the kids from house to house. It didn't seem to help much, but I did see two of my students and siblings of a few more. It was exciting having trick-or-treaters come to my place!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home