Friday, October 20, 2006

Conferences: 22 of 25 done!

So today I had 10 more conferences. They went pretty well, overall. Though no other parents offered to fix me up with people they know, I did do two conferences en espaƱol, thankyouverymuch. There was an interpreter for one (who is one of my Spanish-speaking friends), but I didn't need her. :) At the end, she told me she was proud of my work. It's cool being able to speak two languages, and being able to converse with parents in their native language.

I found out today that one of my talkative boys will be moving up to 6th grade starting Monday!! Woo hoo!! Good news for me, for him, and his mother (who would randomly show up in the classroom). Can't complain.

Ah, what a whirlwind of parents and students! It's good to see so many families who care about their children, at least to some degree. For now, I plan out next week and go home!! An early Friday- how exciting! Take care, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home