Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I heart Halloween!!

So today was a fun day!! We got a lot of work done (though I used a lot of bribery to get it done... I promised the kids I'd pass out snacks and get us out to recess when all our work was finished), and we had a good time! Again, I had a lot of kids (5) out today, so that helped.

At the end of the day, we cleaned the room. It was acutally neat when we finished! After that, we did "The Macarena" again, which was awesome. We did sort of a conga line around the room, and all but 2 students joined us. Finally, we all headed out to recess, where I learned to play Around the World, basketball style. At one point, I actually made 4 baskets in a row!! (The kids were impressed.)

My only fear right now: that I'm too buddy-buddy with the students. I hope that I can still be an instiller of education and the desire for knowledge, while maintaining control of the classroom. We'll see how tomorrow goes (mmmm, 27 sugared-up kids!!)...

Thank you to those of you who are commenting; it makes me feel good! It's nice to know that there are supportive, caring people out there who have something to add to my experience!

On a final note, I feel like I'll now be able to get through the school year, no problem. What a feeling!! Now, to get home, so I can pass out candy to my students (I encouraged them to stop by)... we'll see if that's a good idea or not! Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home