Monday, October 02, 2006

Monday, Monday...

So as much as I didn't want to be here today, it actually flew by pretty quickly. The "highlights" are:

- was semi-formally evaluated by my mentor, who has decided that maybe she doesn't want to be an administrator... Seems we're in the same boat, pretty much. The eval. went well; she noticed strengths I didn't even know I had!

-morning was nice, since my mentor was there to keep the kids "in line."

-in P.E., apparently there was a spat between two boys, and one ended up getting punched in the eye. He showed up to class later with a nasty black eye. The other boy (who punched him) was suspended for two days. Hmmm...

-at the end of school, TWO mothers came in to make sure their sons are getting their work done. I loooove good parents, especially when they work with me.

-I received advice from my favorite custodian. She has a daughter my age who is also doing her first year of teaching, so the custodian can identify with me (as a daughter figure) well. Her advice: "Oh, honey, date a LOT. Don't just go out and get married. Have a good time and date first! That's when they spend the money on you anyways. When you're married, it's a whole different ballgame." Heh. The "pep talk" at least put a smile on my face.

Hmm... that's about it for now. The day started out poorly, but ended up OK. I'm just trying to make it to December! (50 more school days left, but who's counting?) :P Peace for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home