Friday, September 29, 2006

TGIF!!

Yay for Friday! Since it was a pretty long day, I'll only write about the highlights:

-received a note before school from one student who I thought was indifferent toward me; she thanked me for being a great teacher. It's like they know I'm disheartened and are trying to help.

-had the kids working HARD in the afternoon for some earned free time; it worked well!

-the principal (again) popped her head in when I was doing a decent Social Studies lesson. Again, she smiled (in approval?) and walked on.

-I learned that three more staff members are on anti-depressants. This includes our school guidance counselor; go figure. I told one woman that I recently got on anti-depressants, and she said, "Welcome to the club! Which one are you on?" I was really surprised that so many teachers (here, at least) are on meds.

-one student and her sister came in after school (they're in here as I type) and helped me move desks, sort papers, and clean up the room. Awesome. One just fell in the garbage can. Ha.

Now I just have to plan out next week (I've been slacking), which should be easy, since I'll only be here 3 days next week (2 field trips)!!! Anyway, me voy (I'm going). Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home