Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Briefly...

Today: LOTS of things going on:

-behavior with one student ultimately ended in having to call the police because the student ran away

-had a 1.5 hour meeting (during time I should've been in class!) regarding one of my students who got kicked out for behavior... seems he'll be back for part of the day next week. It was my first real "team" phone conference (we had the resource teacher, the self-contained teacher, the psychologist, my mentor, the principal, and me; the student's grandmother joined us via speakerphone). It was an experience, especially since I was said to be the "pivotal" person in this whole placement process. Eek.

-lots of anger in the classroom, since I now hold students more accountable for their homework and classwork. Lots of misdirected anger, I should say; they're mad at me, not themselves.

-anti-depressants are already making me feel detached... I felt kind of spacy all afternoon, though I didn't feel like crying at all.

That's it for now. Time to drive for 1.5 hours to get to my first massage therapy class! (I'm taking a 6-week course to see if massage therapy might be another career I could explore.) Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home