Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Ahhh... the day's over!

Quick recap of the day:

-before school: The father who came in after school yesterday was here again. He asked me if he could subpoena me. Um, I thought that wasn't something you asked about, but more something you had ordered. I was told by several staff members to do nothing further unless I receive a subpoena. Yay! My first month of teaching, and I may already have to go to court! At least I'm in the NEA/AEA (teacher organizations) now, so my legal behind is covered.

-during school: Nothing too crazy today. Lots of time off task, but I think I dealt with it well. Not too awful of a day, not a great day; it was just a day. At the end of the day, though, I had one of my shutter-downers shut down again. He did the whole thing: head down, nonresponsive, etc. VERY annoying. After school, it took 3 staff members (including myself) to get him out of his chair and to Boys/Girls Club. Bleh!! I spoke with the bloke's mother, who may take him off the football team if he doesn't shape up. I also talked to another staff member who offered to help, but when I told her the situation, she had nothing left to offer. Heh. I mean, what do you do for a kid who won't do anything? I have yet to figure that out.

-after school: Spent 1.5 hours writing and developing my substitute lesson plans. (I'm going to a workshop tomorrow, so I have my first sub for the class!! Eek!) I then spent another 1.5 hours entering progress report grades (they need to be accurate, in case a parent questions the grade). Funfunfun.

-That's it for now. It's almost 7:30, and there's a DVD and food calling my name!! I'm very nervous about how the class will be and how the sub will do with my plans... We'll find out soon! Until then, I get a pseudo day off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home