Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Wowza!

So it was another... GOOD day!! Shock! I think it was partly due to the fact that the class has two specials on Tuesdays (music in the morning and art in the afternoon... mmmm. alliteration!). Also, I had my assistant/mentor here in the morning, which always helps immensely!

The morning was cake, and the afternoon (for once) went by quickly as well! I find that reading to them after recess is the best thing to get them calm and refocused. Also, my assistant/mentor and I have developed what we call "Independent Study" every day. This beautiful time of day is when the students work on homework and unfinished classwork at the end of the day- IN SILENCE. During this time, students with questions/concerns can address them to me quietly, and I make sure I get to everyone who needs help. The time doing this today was so well spent by the class that I gave them an extra 5 minutes of recess. :)

Also, the underlying drama never ends. My next-door teaching buddy (the 4th grade one) just met "Mr. Right" this weekend and spent the whole time with him. I got to hear about "Mr. Right" for about as long as I could stand it. Sure, lady, rub it in. I'm happy for her, though. Also, seems there are some problems with the tech department, a confidant told me. Always something, eh?

Anyway, I'm ready to go home, and it's before 5pm!! Everything for tomorrow is graded and planned, and I have the night to myself!! How excited am I? Not only do I not want to quit right now, but I want to come back tomorrow and have just as good a day tomorrow as I did today!

Oh, you bipolar profession, you. Now that I've probably cursed myself, I bet tomorrow'll be worse. However, we'll see.

OH, and ego boost: several teachers/staff with whom I spoke today said I'm improving. They also said I treat the students well (read: fair, firmly, and not yelling much at all), and that good things are happening. I hope so. We switched to 5th grade texts today, which will be a challenge, but I think the 4th graders can step up to it.

OK, that's it for now. Time for me to enjoy some time relaxing! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home